Friday, March 9, 2012

San Francisco Presidio & Sutro Bath Engagement Session | Krystal & Justin

Before I show you the photos of this next engagement session, you should know a little about the story behind it. Krystal, Justin and I had been going back and forth for weeks, trying to pick the perfect date for the session. Because Amanda from One True Love Vintage Rentals was styling their shoot, we knew we needed sunshine and lots of it! So when the morning of the big day came, it was of course, raining! No one was prepared to back down, so we drove out to the Presidio (whilst praying for the sun) and once we got there, it just kept pouring, yet Krystal was determined to make it work! We waited and waited in our cars, just hoping for even a few minutes of dry weather when at last, an hour and a half later, it finally stopped raining! That is not to say that the two of them didn't fight through the freezing weather and the wet ground, but at least we stayed dry! Krystal absolutely loved the rustic and vintage look and put so much work into making the session perfect, so we decided to go to the Sutro Bath in San Francisco which is such a great location. I always tell my couples to be prepared to hike and jump and climb and these two were so willing to do it all in order to get the best pictures. Their hard work paid off, and I couldn't be happier to have such a great, first engagement session of 2012!

I have to mention Amanda at One True Love Vintage Rentals again! They did an amazing job with every little detail! It was so romantic, beautiful,and fun. I love the clocks and the couch; it made the session so unique. And how gorgeous is the little tent in the forest, with the chandelier and the picture frames?! I had such an amazing time and can't wait to photograph their wedding. It is so great to spend a day with a couple before the wedding and see how wonderful they are together.

I also have to give a special shout out to Justin (Sorry Justin, I couldn't keep this in!). He is so sweet! I received an emailed before the session saying that he wanted to make the day perfect for Krystal and wanted advice on how to do that. I have never had a groom do that before! And he even asked me to have a few photos edited so that he could print one from the session to give to Krystal two days later for Valentines Day. Awww!

Thanks you two for such an amazing engagement session! I hope you LOVE the photos as much as I do!






No comments